In our day-to-day lives, the creation of waste is a certainty. In the home, it can build up over time to the point where getting rid of it requires a dumpster rental. In fact, the average American family creates 6,570 pounds of trash per year. Commercial projects involving construction often produce a significant amount of debris as well. Hiring a dumpster rental company to take care of your trash removal needs can alleviate the stress often accompanying these projects. We know that getting rid of trash and waste can be time-consuming. At Pack Mule, we help you take the guesswork out of where to properly dispose of your trash, junk, or whatever it may be.
Believe it or not, your home most likely contains a significant amount of what’s considered to be hazardous waste. The removal of such waste on commercial construction sites is essential as well. Construction projects often have trash and waste that can be categorized as dangerous or non-recyclable. Non-Recyclable waste, such as construction rubble, can be efficiently disposed of in a dumpster.
When improperly handled, hazardous waste can have disastrous effects on the environment. The EPA strongly recommends not pouring dangerous waste found in your home or commercial site down the drain, in storm sewers, or in the ground.
Below are a few examples of hazardous waste. For a more comprehensive list, be sure to visit your state’s environmental protection agency’s website.
Common Household Hazardous Waste Materials
- Paint (oil-based)/ Paint thinners
- Ammonia/ Bleach/Chlorine
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Computers and Computer Components
- Motor Oil
- Household Cleaners
- Compressed gas tanks
Common Commercial Hazardous Waste Materials
- Construction rubble
- Industrial Chemicals
- Retail Packaging
- Demolition Waste
Did you know that proper waste management also significantly benefits the environment? It’s true! When hazardous materials are not correctly disposed of, they can contribute to the creation of water, soil, and air pollution. When water, soil, and air are contaminated with improperly handled waste, it endangers the well-being of water, marine life, and you. According to this report by the Ohio EPA, “In 2020, Ohio generated approximately 28.89 million tons of solid and excluded waste. This equates to a per capita generation rate of 13.53 pounds per person per day.” Proper waste management is crucial due to the sheer amount produced per day.
So what exactly does renting a dumpster do to positively impact the environment?
- ● Protects Wildlife– A dumpster can help ensure hazardous materials go to the right place to be safely processed and prevents them from ending up in areas they shouldn’t be, such as waterways or illegal dumping grounds inhabited by wildlife.
- ● Shrinks Carbon Footprint- Having a dumpster at your location saves you from the possibility of making multiple trips to the dump, often in a truck, and cuts down on CO2 emissions that create greenhouse gasses and ultimately harm the environment. So not only is it eco-friendly, but it’s also a convenient time-saver!
- ● Prevents Waste Burning– Not only does burning trash release dangerous toxins into the air, but it can also put your home at risk for fire damage. This Ohio EPA article can fully explain the dangers of burning waste. When you rent a dumpster to get rid of your trash, you eliminate the possibility of it being burned.
By utilizing Pack Mule for junk and trash removal needs, you are ensuring the safe handling of your waste. Proper waste management is just one of the many ways you can engage in eco-friendly practices. If you’re thinking about taking on a significant home project, just cleaning out your garage, or maybe something on an even larger scale, we’re here for you! Our selection of dumpsters is unmatched in the area. Let us know what kind of project you’re working on, and we will ensure all of your needs are met!
As a local and veteran-owned business, Pack Mule Dumpsters knows the value of excellent service at an affordable rate. Customer satisfaction is our highest priority, and we pride ourselves on being able to provide that for you. Ready to get started? Then Book Online with us now, and we will be happy to assist you with whatever your dumpster needs may be!